February 7, 2020
Well, helllooooo, February. The month blew in like a blue norther and surprised the heck out of me!
Here’s some good advice I came upon and is well worth sharing … Everything I need to know about life, I learned from Noah’s Ark.
- Don’t miss the boat.
- Remember that we are all in the same boat.
- Plan ahead. It wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.
- Stay fit. When you’re really old, someone may ask you to do something really big.
- Don’t listen to the critics; just get on with the job that needs to be done.
- Build your future on high ground.
- For safety sake, travel in pairs.
- Speed isn’t always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs.
- When you’re stressed, float awhile.
- Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professionals.
- No matter the storm, when you are with God, there’s always a rainbow waiting.
Famous Okie information: Actress Jennifer Garner (ex-wife of Ben Affleck) has an organic baby food business, Once Upon a Farm made with produce from her family’s farm in Locust Grove, Okla.
Keep Going on Your New Years Resolutions: If you want 2020 to be your year, don’t sit on the couch and wait for it. Go out. Make a change. Smile more. Be excited. Do new things. Throw away what you’ve been cluttering. Unfollow negative people on social media. Go to bed early. Wake up early. Be fierce. Don’t gossip. Show more gratitude. Do things that challenge you. Be brave.
Restaurant Team notes: The Main Street Guymon Restaurant Team has a goal to eat at every restaurant in Guymon and invite them to be a Main Street Guymon member. It is amazing the number of eating spots in our fair town! The first stop was the Ambassador Restaurant where the service was good and we loved having the owner, Jose, come by and visit. The Ambassador has a great breakfast all day long and the best club sandwich in town. Put onion rings on the order with it and it’s a fantastic lunch.
Things you might want to see in town: The Texas County Livestock Show is Feb. 11-13 and there are a lot of people involved. Good luck to all the students involved and special blessings for all those who buy at the auction. We love that you support agriculture and our students!
The All Fired Up Art Gallery has a Valentine’s event on Feb. 13. From noon to 7 pm, you can partake in many things chocolate (heavenly) for $25 per person.
The Pub on the Bricks has entertainment on Feb. 14 and 15 evenings, stand – up comedy ventriloquist. General admission is $20 a person. And while you go out on Valentines evening, the kids can go to the YMCA for Kids Night Out for ages 2 to 13 from 6 to 10 pm. It’s only $10 a child.
The Main Street Guymon Awards Evening is on Feb. 18 with a dinner and a chance to honor some of our many community volunteers and businesses. Tickets are $25 per person and the theme is Roaring 20s.
It might be cold in Guymon, but all is good!
See you on the bricks.