Goal of the program:
- Put local families with the players who do not have family nearby attending games.
- Give a reason for locals to come to the games that don’t usually go (having a specific player for them to watch and yell for gives them this reason).
- Increase local participation at OPSU football games.
- With support we hope more of the players will do well in school and complete their education, hopefully here at OPSU.
What we look for in the players:
- Ones whose families are not able to attend.
- Players that show integrity and morals.
- Players who are a good influence with kids.
- Have a pot luck cookout at the Goodwell Park early in the season to meet their football player.
- In the summer revamp and find families for those who are staying on campus during the summer.
To find out more about the program, contact Melyn Johnson at 338-6246 or at Director@MainStreetGuymon.com.