Today is a day filled with blessings.
At noon the Main Street Guymon Board meets for their monthly meeting. Each month I am bowled over by the work these caring, wonderful people do for our community as volunteers. They all have busy, filled lives and still find the time to give time for programs, events, and projects. I love these guys … and many who were board members in the past that still work through the committees (we have a two – term limit for the board), giving and giving and giving.
Then in the early afternoon, the opportunity to visit with a couple of Main Streeters that want to know more about the director’s position will be coming in. I love that we have people interested in learning more and might apply for the job! It is the prayer of myself and the board that the right person come forward and I firmly believe it will happen. I so hope we have someone that will come in and tackle some of those things that I have been ignoring for way tooooo long!
After that meeting, is the grand finale for the day … interviewing the Fiesta King and Queen candidates. There are many this year and their application forms look wonderful. This is one of my favorite days of the year. Meeting and visiting with these high school seniors who are such good students, caring family members, and just good all – around humans makes me smile. And makes me know Guymon is in good hands for our future.
Whether it is through our Guymon Rotary, Fiesta King and Queen interviews, or working with the community clean-up (by the way, we have that on Sat., Sept. 17, from 10 – noon if you want to help out) volunteers, I see some great humans coming up here in our community. Life is good.
Here are some things that are coming up. Call me at 580-338-6246 if you want to know more information about these events.
- Sept. 17, Farmers Market, 8-noon
- Sept. 17, Meet Me at the Market Dog Parade, 10 am
- Sept. 17, Community Clean-Up, 10-noon, meet at Main Street Guymon office
- Sept. 17, Wirtz Open House for 55 years of business, 11-2 (burgers served)
- Sept. 18, Guymon Fiesta, 4-8 at 5th and Main on the street
- Sept. 23, Craft for a Cause, 6:30 at Urban Bru Kitchen
- Sept. 24, Charity 5K Fun Run, sign up 7 am
- Sept. 24, Farmers Market, 8-noon
- Sept. 24, Meet Me at the Market Salsa Contest and Pumpkin Decorating Contest, 10 am
- Sept. 24, Golden Mesa Charity Golf Tournament
Fun times in Guymon just around the corner.
See you on the bricks!